We are looking for a Copywriter that has proven experience as a competent and efficient writer, with a track record for understanding how copy helps clients achieve their objectives and the ability to generate outstanding copy quickly and effectively across all project briefs.
You’ll be skilled in your writing, as you support the Copy Lead in turning around daily tasks and meeting tight deadlines, as well as assisting more junior members of the team to improve their copy skills. With a keen eye for detail, and a drive to deliver engaging copy, this role requires the ability to manage your time and workload effectively and independently.
You will be a keen team player and a great multi-tasker, working collaboratively with the creative, UX and development teams, you will assist the Copy Lead in order to manage clients and various client projects simultaneously.
You’ll probably already have considerable previous experience and be someone ready to play a key role within the copy team, one that requires the ability to step in for the Copy Lead as well as confidence in helping to develop more junior members of staff and constantly evolving your own skills.
- You’ll work with the Copy Lead in order to analyse briefs and produce compelling content and campaigns to meet client needs
- Generate creative ideas and produce quality copy and, where necessary, check copy from other team members
- You’ll be able to seamlessly switch across projects and clients, adapting to differing tone of voice and client brand guide
- Work efficiently to deadlines and budgets, and manage competing priorities
- Work alongside UX and Visual designers to create great customer experiences for clients
- Support the Copy Lead in setting copywriting standards and ensure high standards are maintained at all times
Skills, experience and professional attributes
- Considerable experience in digital editorial content with a retail background preferred but not essential
- Great written and interpersonal skills
- A track record in producing effective, engaging and accurate copy
- Excellent communication skills
- Great team player
- Keen attention to detail, timescales and budgets
- An understanding of e commerce, popular culture and new advertising trends and techniques in digital media