We are looking for a UI Designer to get involved in all aspects of UI and solution design for web builds and internal projects. You’ll play a role in user journeys, prototyping, wireframing and high fidelity designs while also having a creative role in other internal projects. The UI Designer will be able to demonstrate in-depth design process, an awareness of commercial considerations and will be able to offer creative solutions to prospective clients. As UI Designer you’ll need to be able to think quickly on your feet and be able to communicate with colleagues efficiently and effectively, delegating tasks where needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO ON A DAY-TO-DAY BASIS
- Work closely with the various specialisms at Biglight including CXO, content, optimisation and development to create remarkable customer experiences for our clients.
- Collaborate within multidisciplinary teams to define and implement innovative solutions for web builds and project direction, visuals and experience
- Be involved in all aspects of UI and solution design for web builds and internal projects
- Supporting the Developer Team with the creative process, focusing on user experience processes and principles.
- Managing UX processes such as user journeys, personas, and sitemaps.
- Work within and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- A motivated and productive designer with a real passion for creative design
- 2-3 years working as a UI designer for websites in an agency environment
- A portfolio of high quality UI work showing commercial understanding.
- Good understanding of UX practices and methodologies.
- Experience supporting the design direction of a product or website.
- Knowledge of Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience with Flinto will be looked upon as a bonus, but not required.
- Experience applying brand to design concepts.
- Solid experience with user interface design patterns across multiple platforms and devices.
- Knowledge of interaction design and visual design first principles.
- Strong understanding of mobile-first, responsive and adaptive design.
- Demonstrable attention to detail.
- Experience working with team members and clients.
- Collaboration skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Planning, organisational, and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Actively researching design and technology trends
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare (after 2 years service)
- Access to Perkbox Employee Benefits Platform
Friday night drinks at the in house office bar
- Free office fruit
- Long service awards
- Birthday leave (after 2 years service)
- Regular company socials
- Summer and Christmas Parties
Benefits, aside from pension are non-contractual and are subject to change at any time.